The Trial and Death of Socrates: Four Dialogues was my last book for the 2012 TBR Pile Challenge. I got through 12 books that had been on my shelf since at least 2010, so thanks to Roof Beam Reader for the push.
I finished just in time to start the 2013 challenge! The challenge is to read 12 books (allowing two alternatives) that you’ve had in your possession since before January 1st, 2012. I actually didn’t have as many from back then as I thought I had, almost not enough for this list, so I guess I’m making progress.
- Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett
- Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Ferguson
- Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw
- Chocky by John Wyndham
- The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
- Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain
- Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture by Douglas Coupland
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee
- The Man Called Noon by Louis L’Amour
- Journey to the Edge of the World by Billy Connolly
- The Sleeping Dragon by Joel Rosenberg
- The Hacker Ethic: and the Spirit of the Information Age by Pekka Himanen
- Without Feathers by Woody Allen